What is a J Stop?
Here we encourage J-Walking…well, walking around downtown searching for J Stops that is. We have ten historical markers in the shape of a canoe paddle (J Stops). After you visit all 10 stops, head to the Jefferson Historical Society for a deeper dive into Jefferson's rich history!
- Court House Block - 311 S Center Ave
- St. Mary's Episcopal Church/Carnegie Library - 309 S Main St
- The Zimmerman Building - 200 W Milwaukee St
- Jefferson House - 135 S Main St
- The Imperial Saloon - 138 S Main St
- Old Jefferson Firehouse - 148 E Milwaukee St
- Farmers and Merchants Bank - 106 S Main St
- Puerner Buildings/Brewery/Heilemann's Ice Cream - 100 N Main St
- Bon Ton Bakery - 115 E Racine St
- Heger Brewery - 123 N Center Ave
Jefferson Chamber of Commerce - 230 S Main St.